Tuesday 17 May 2011

Price Motorcycle Davidson FLTRI

Davidson FLTRI
I was actually hoping for a Road King when I asked Harley if I could borrow a bike for our ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. However, as the date approached, Harley asked if I could take a Road Glide instead. 

I agreed, though when I'd ridden a Road Glide briefly a few years before, it hadn't impressed me much one way or the other. Although it's build on the same platform (same frame and engine) as othe Harley Touring models, the Road Glide is unique among Harleys, the only one with a frame-mount fairing instead of the handlebar "bat wing" used in the Electra Glide series. This fairing style was introduced in 1980 on the Tour Glide.
Davidson FLTRI Engine
The Road Glide consistently turned in better fuel mileage than Road Kings I have ridden (and any other touring bike in memory), perhaps due to better aerodynamics provided by the fairing. Every tank turned in over 50 mpg (although I never did much riding in traffic), providing more than 200 miles on a fill-up of the 5.0-gallon tank. Harley's 1450cc big twin does consistently turn in great mileage. It also makes good power, despite only middling displacement and just two pushrod-operated valves per cylinder.

Otherwise, the bike was about what I expected: smooth, pleasantly powerful, easy to manage, and a comfortable ride. It did not give me any surprises or things to complain about. In fact, I may have a new favorite Harley traveling bike.

SPECIFICATIONS
2003 Harley-Davidson FLTRI Road Glide
Suggested base price: $17,450
Standard colors: Black
Optional colors: Gunmetal, add $200; Anniversary silver/black, add $1070
Engine type: Air-cooled 45-degree tandem V-twin
Valve arrangement: One intak, one exhaust valve, operated by pushros, hydraulic lifters
Displacement, bore x stroke: 1450cccc, 95.25 x 101.6mm
Compression ratio: 8.9:1
Carburetion: EFI
Transmission: 5 speeds
Final drive: Belt
Seat height: 29.5 in.
Claimed dry weight: 723 lb.
Fuel capacity: 5.0 gal.
Wheelbase: 63.5 in.
Overall length: 93.7 in.
Rake/trail: 26o/6.2 in.
Front tire: MT90B16 Dunlop D402F
Rear tire: MT90B16 Dunlop D402
Front brake: 2, 2-piston calipers, 11.5-in. discs
Rear brake: 2-piston caliper, 11.5-in. disc
Front suspension: 41mm stanchions, 4.6 in. travel
Rear suspension: 2 dampers, 3.0 in. travel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Random Post